Since I was 21, I’ve initiated communities of prayer and service where I’ve daily shared my home with those who would otherwise be homeless, drug addicted, returning from prison or seeking safety from war zones and persecution. Why? Well, Jesus. I love him so much it makes Evangelicals blush. As problematic as I am, his love is transforming me powerfully. My passion is to see the transfiguring fire of God’s love become our experience in prayer and our program for ecological and social healing.
With the love of my life Kathleen, I live and am learning to worship with the birds on Noongar boodja, in the hills of what you’ll find on maps as Perth, Australia. It’s here I’m a volunteer organiser with the Extinction Rebellion movement xrwa.earth. One of the greatest joys of my life is being dad to wonderful boys; Tyson, Winni, Hugo and Noah. To quote Troy McClure, “you may remember me from…”
- Founding CEO of CommonGrace.org.au a movement of 50,000+ Christians advocating for “beauty, generosity and justice”.
- World Vision Australia’s National Advisor for Faith and Activism
- Social Change Trainer with TheChangeAgency.org
- An initiator of LoveMakesAWay.org.au movement for refugees which has become the largest faith based civil disobedience movement in Australia’s history
- Founder of First Home Project for refugees (that’s had wonderful spin-offs like FirstHikeProject.org.au)
- Former WA State Director of the multi-faith service project TogetherForHumanity.org.au
- Mentor to leaders in aycc.org.au, oaktree.org, wvevidence4change.org
- Former Co-host and has been kindly included as a co-initiator of JesusRadicals.com/collective
- Nonviolent Social Change Educator for World Vision in the Middle East and Eastern Europe
Or you can also read what these people say